Social media release
The angle of my social media release is the New Academic Street (NAS) Project's integration with Melbourne CBD. Embargoed for the official launch, the release is targeting a young-adult audience via online news and culture publications and mainstream news publications largely followed on social media, as well as local Melbourne CBD publications. The release aims to generate interest in the new relationship between NAS and the city, and to engage young adults whom live, work and/or play in the CBD with the new development.
- Broadsheet Melbourne | Melbourne Editor | email@example.com
- Urban List | Melbourne Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pedestrian | Editor | email@example.com
- Junkee | Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hack – Triple J (online/radio) | Online editor | email@example.com
- Huffington Post Melbourne | Melbourne Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- News.com.au | News reporter | email@example.com
- Daily Telegraph | News reporter | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Herald Sun | News Editor | email@example.com
- The Saturday Paper | News Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melbourne Magazine | Editor | email@example.com
- CBD News Online | Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Media Release – RMIT University Unveils Melbourne CBD Makeover
Hello [Journalist name],
I am a representative of RMIT University's New Academic Street (NAS) project and wish to pass on the news of its recent launch as it may be of interest to your publication.
The attached media release details the unveiling of RMIT's major redevelopment of its Melbourne city campus. The renovation has transformed the face of northern Swanston St, opening up new facilities and sharing its many laneways, arcades and food and retail outlets with the heart of the city for the first time.
As the project aims to foster meaningful relationships with the CBD and those RMIT shares it with, we feel these values align with your audience and we would love the opportunity to reach them.
Please get in touch if you require any further information, and many thanks for your time.